This privacy notice for California Residents (this “Privacy Notice”) is provided in addition to the information in any other privacy notice provided by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. and its affiliates (together, “KKR”, “we”, “us” or “our”) and explains how KKR collects, uses and discloses Personal Information relating to residents of the State of California (“consumers”, “you” or “your”) covered by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 as amended from time to time, together with any applicable regulations (the “CCPA”).
KKR adopts this Privacy Notice to comply with the CCPA, and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice is effective from January 1, 2020.
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time by posting the updated Privacy Notice on our website and your continued use of our services, and websites following the posting of changes is your acceptance of such changes.
1. CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
KKR collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (known as “Personal Information”). In particular, we may have collected the following categories of Personal Information from you within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers: identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, signature or other similar identifiers
- Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80: a name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information
- Online Activity: Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements
- Sensory Information: audio, electronic, visual, and similar information
The categories of sources from whom we collected this Personal Information are:
- directly from you throughout our relationship, including when you sign up for, and/or use, our services and websites, or when you visit our offices or attend a KKR event;
- from monitoring tools, such as cookies that track your use of our websites;
- from third parties that are authorized to share your information with us, such as our institutional clients and service providers; or
- from publicly available sources of information.
The categories of third parties to whom we disclosed Personal Information for our business purposes described in this Privacy Notice are:
- KKR’s affiliates;
- Vendors, broker-dealers, advisors and others who provide services to us or on our behalf;
- business partners; and
- Government entities, including regulatory agencies and law enforcement.
2. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the past twelve (12) months, KKR has used Personal Information relating to California Residents to operate, manage, and maintain our business, to provide our products and services, and to accomplish our business purposes and objectives, including the following:
- to fulfill the reason you provided the Personal Information;
- to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to help to manage our relationship with you or your business;
- to develop new ways to meet our clients’ needs and to grow our business, for example by seeking client feedback or sharing our market research;
- to respond to requests by law enforcement, our regulators and our auditors and as may otherwise be required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;
- as described to you when collecting your Personal Information;
- as otherwise set out in a KKR Privacy Notice; or
- as otherwise set out in the CCPA.
KKR will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for other purposes without providing you notice.
3. DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR BUSINESS PURPOSES
In the preceding twelve (12) months, KKR may have disclosed to third parties for a business purpose all of the categories of Personal Information about you listed in Section 1 above.
4. SALE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
KKR has not sold Personal Information in the preceding twelve (12) months. KKR does not sell Personal Information, including not selling the Personal Information of minors under 16.
5. RIGHT TO REQUEST TO KNOW
You have the right to certain consumer rights under the CCPA as a California Resident, subject to certain exceptions defined in the CCPA and other applicable laws and regulations.
You have the right to request that KKR disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months (known as a ‘request to know’ under the CCPA). Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected;
- The categories of Personal Information that we disclosed for a business purpose;
- The categories of third parties to whom we disclosed that Personal Information for a business purpose; and
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information.
6. RIGHT TO REQUEST DELETION
You also have the right to request that KKR delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained (known as a ‘request to delete’ under the CCPA). Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, subject to certain exceptions as set out in the CCPA and other applicable law and regulations.
7. HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR CONSUMER RIGHTS
To exercise the consumer rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Visiting our website www.kkr.com/privacy-notice-ca;
- Calling us at 888-712-0118; or
- Submitting a completed Access and Deletion Rights Request Form to email@example.com
You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the Personal Information we have collected, used, and disclosed about you during the past 12 months.
Your verifiable consumer request must:
- provide sufficient information that allows us to verify, to a reasonably high degree of certainty, that you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information; and
- describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We may request that you provide us with at least two or more pieces of Personal Information to match against Personal Information about you that we may or may not maintain and which we have determined to be reliable for the purpose of verification. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
Only you, or a person you have designated in writing as your authorized agent, or whom is registered with the California Secretary of State to act on your behalf, or whom you have provided power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465, (“Authorized Agent”), may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
If you wish to have an Authorized Agent make a verifiable consumer requests on your behalf, they will need to provide us with sufficient written proof that you have designated them as your Authorized Agent and we will still require you to provide sufficient information to allow us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information.
If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice or our privacy policies and practices, as follows:
- Calling us at 888-712-0118; or
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: January 1, 2020