Privacy and Cookies
- California Privacy Notice
- Additional Privacy Policies
This privacy notice for California Residents (this “Privacy Notice”) is provided in addition to the information in any other privacy notice provided by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. and its affiliates (together, “KKR”, “we”, “us” or “our”) and applies solely to Personal Information collected about California consumers, including but not limited to, individuals who visit our websites, representatives of our institutional investors, vendors, and business partners, including portfolio companies (“consumers”, “you” or “your”). This Privacy Notice uses certain terms that have the meaning given to them in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020) and its implementing regulations (collectively, the “CCPA”).
This Privacy Notice does not apply to (i) KKR personnel or job applicants seeking opportunities at KKR or (ii) information collected, processed, sold or disclosed pursuant to the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and its implementing regulations or the California Financial Information Privacy Act.
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time by posting the updated Privacy Notice on our website.
1. NOTICE OF COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect (and may have collected during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Privacy Notice) the following categories of Personal Information about you:
- Identifiers: identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone number and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, and other similar identifiers
- Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80: signature, physical characteristics or description, state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, and other financial information, medical information, and health insurance information
- Protected Classifications: characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, genetic information, disability, citizenship status, and military and veteran status
- Commercial Information: commercial or investment information, including financial products or investment services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other investing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Online Activity: Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements
- Sensory Information: audio, electronic, visual, and similar information
- Employment Information: professional or employment-related information résumé information, occupation details, education details, certifications and professional associations, historical compensation details, previous employment details, emergency contact information, and pre-employment screening and background check information, including criminal records information
- Education Information: education information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Sec. 1232g; 34 C.F.R. Part 99)
- Inferences: inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes
We may use (and may have used during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Privacy Notice) your Personal Information for the purposes described in our Privacy Notice (Non-EU) and for the following business purposes:
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing analytics services, providing storage, or providing similar services. We may also use your contact details and metadata relating to your communications with KKR representatives for business development purposes.
- Auditing related to counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance
- Providing advertising and marketing services to you
- Short-term, transient use, such as nonpersonalized advertising shown as part of your current interaction with us
- Helping to ensure security and integrity
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us
- Managing our relationships with current or prospective partners, institutional investors and vendors and other business partner personnel
We do not collect or process sensitive personal information for purposes of inferring characteristics about consumers.
To the extent we process deidentified information, we will maintain and use the information in deidentified form and will not attempt to reidentify the information unless permitted by applicable law.
2. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain your Personal Information for the time period reasonably necessary to achieve the purposes described in our Privacy Notice (Non-EU) and this Privacy Notice, or any other notice provided at the time of collection, taking into account applicable statutes of limitation and records retention requirements under applicable law.
3. SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
During the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Privacy Notice, we may have obtained Personal Information about you from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you, such as when you send us an email, visit our facilities, or otherwise contact or communicate with us
- Your devices, such as when you use our websites
- Our affiliates
- Our portfolio companies
- Our institutional investors
- Businesses that we are evaluating in connection with a potential investment or business opportunity
- Prospective lenders to or creditors of a fund or portfolio company in which we have or are considering investing
- Vendors who provide services to us or on our behalf, advisors and other business partners
- Social networks
- Data brokers, such as background check services
- Recruiting agencies
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
During the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Privacy Notice, we may have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information about you for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
Category of Personal Information
Categories of Third Parties
|Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80
In addition to the categories of third parties identified above, during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Privacy Notice, we may have disclosed Personal Information about you to government entities and third parties in connection with corporate transactions, such as mergers, acquisitions or divestitures.
KKR does not sell or share for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes personal information about California consumers.
5. CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY RIGHTS
You have certain choices regarding your Personal Information, as described below.
Access: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the Personal Information we have collected, used, and disclosed about you.
Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain Personal Information we have collected from you.
Correction: You have the right to request that we correct the Personal Information we maintain about you, if that information is inaccurate.
How to Submit a Request: To submit an access, deletion or correction request, call us at 888-712-0118 or submit completed Access, Deletion and Correction Rights Request Form. To submit a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a consumer, please email us at email@example.com. For questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Verifying Requests: To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your Personal Information or complying with your request. If you request access to, correction of or deletion of your Personal Information, we may require you to provide any of the following information: address, date of birth, unique personal identifier, nationality, telephone number, email address, CV information or details of a transaction. In addition, if you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of Personal Information, we may require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose Personal Information is the subject of the request.
Additional Information: If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
Last Updated: January 17, 2024