Last Updated: January 1, 2023
Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. and its affiliates (“KKR”) respect your concerns about privacy. This Job Applicant Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect about California residents who apply for jobs with KKR (“Job Applicants”). Certain terms used in this Job Applicant Privacy Notice have the meaning given to them in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020) and its implementing regulations (collectively, the “CCPA”).
Notice of Collection and Use of Personal Information
KKR may collect (and may have collected during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Job Applicant Privacy Notice) the following categories of personal information about Job Applicants:
- Identifiers: identifiers, such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier (e.g., a device identifier, employee number, unique pseudonym, or user alias/ID), telephone number, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, date of birth, and other similar identifiers
- Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80: signature, physical characteristics or description, state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, bank account number, credit card number and debit card number, and other financial information, medical information, and health insurance information
- Protected Classifications: characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (including symptoms, health progress and testing), ancestry, genetic information, disability, citizenship status, and military and veteran status
- Commercial Information: commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Biometric Information
- Online Activity: Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites or applications
- Geolocation Data
- Sensory Information: audio, electronic, visual, and similar information
- Employment Information: professional or employment-related information, such as compensation, benefits and payroll information (e.g., salary-related information, tax-related information, benefits elections and details regarding leaves of absence), information relating to your position (e.g., job title and job description), performance-related information (e.g., evaluations, reviews and training), talent management information (e.g., resumé information, occupation details, education details, certifications and professional associations, historical compensation details, previous employment details, and pre-employment screening and background check information, including criminal records information), emergency contact information, dependent information, disciplinary and grievance information and internal investigation information
- Education Information: education information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Sec. 1232g; 34 C.F.R. Part 99)
- Inferences: inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes
We also may collect any other information that you voluntarily choose to provide.
We may use (and may have used during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Job Applicant Privacy Notice) personal information for the purpose of processing job applications, evaluating candidates for employment, and carrying out and supporting HR functions and activities, including as described below. In addition to these general HR purposes, we list below the relevant “business purposes” as they are described in the CCPA.
- Recruiting; processing job applications; performing background checks; determining suitability for employment; determining physical and/or mental fitness for work; reviewing and evaluating applications; determining salary and other forms of compensation; providing references; reimbursing expenses; making travel arrangements; securing immigration statuses; reviewing hiring decisions; and providing access to facilities
- Ensuring business continuity; protecting the health and safety of our staff and others; safeguarding, monitoring, and maintaining our IT infrastructure, office equipment, facilities, and other property; detecting or preventing theft or fraud, or attempted theft or fraud; and facilitating communication with you and your designated contacts in an emergency
- Operating and managing our IT, communications systems and facilities, and monitoring the use of these resources; performing data analytics; improving our services; allocating and managing company assets and human resources; strategic planning; project management; compiling audit trails and other reporting tools; maintaining records relating to business activities, budgeting, and financial management; managing mergers, acquisitions, sales, reorganizations or disposals and integration with business partners and portfolio companies
- Complying with legal requirements, such as tax, record-keeping and reporting obligations; conducting audits, management and resolution of health and safety matters; complying with requests from government or other public authorities; responding to legal process such as subpoenas and court orders; pursuing legal rights and remedies; defending litigation and managing complaints or claims; conducting investigations; and complying with internal policies and procedures
- Performing services
- Auditing related counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance
- Providing advertising and marketing services to you
- Certain short-term, transient uses
- Helping to ensure security and integrity
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us
We do not collect or process sensitive personal information for purposes of inferring characteristics about consumers.
To the extent we process deidentified information, we will maintain and use the information in deidentified form and will not attempt to reidentify the information unless permitted by applicable law.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain personal information of Job Applicants for the time period reasonably necessary to achieve the purposes described in this Job Applicant Privacy Notice or any other notice provided at the time of collection, taking into account applicable statutes of limitation and records retention requirements under applicable law.
Sources of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Job Applicant Privacy Notice, we may have obtained personal information about Job Applicants from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you
- Your devices
- Family, friends or others who provide information about you, for example, in connection a reference
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries
- Business partners or portfolio companies
- Vendors who provide services on our behalf
- Government entities
- Social networks
- Background check services
Disclosure of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Job Applicant Privacy Notice, we may have disclosed the following categories of personal information about you for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
|Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80||
In addition to the categories of third parties identified above, during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Job Applicant Privacy Notice, we may have disclosed personal information about Job Applicants to (1) government entities and (2) third parties in connection with corporate transactions, such as mergers, acquisitions or divestitures.
We do not sell or share for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes personal information about Job Applicants.
California Consumer Privacy Rights
You have certain choices regarding your personal information, as described below.
- Access: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold or shared about you.
- Correction: You have the right to request that we correct the personal information we maintain about you, if that information is inaccurate.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you.
How to Submit a Request. To submit an access, correction or deletion request, call us at 888-712-0118 or submit a completed Access, Deletion and Correction Rights Request Form. To submit a request as an authorized agent on behalf of an HR Covered individual, please email [email protected].
Verifying Requests. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request. If you request access to, correction of or deletion of your personal information, we may require you to provide any of the following information: information contained in your resume, contact information, and details about positions for which you have applied. In addition, if you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal information, we may require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the Job Applicant whose personal information is the subject of the request.
Additional Information. If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding this Job Applicant Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, please contact us at [email protected].