Leveraging more than 40 years of experience, KKR Global Impact launched in 2018 to invest in solutions-oriented businesses
Our strategy builds on KKR’s established history of investing in solutions and creating value...
- $7.1 billion invested over the past decade in companies with core business models that advance solutions to global, environmental, educational and workforce development, responsible consumption and production, worker safety, and societal challenges1
- We developed an effective approach that integrates Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) considerations into our investment process by identifying potential risks and opportunities and managing critical issues – we believe responsibly governing a business is a part of achieving favorable investment outcomes
…Focuses on addressing global challenges…
- Global Impact identifies promising companies that measurably contribute to solutions addressing critical global challenges identified by the UN Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs)
- Seeks to invest in opportunities where financial performance and societal impact are intrinsically aligned. We believe opportunities exist where investors can achieve financial outcomes by helping to solve critical challenges
…and leverages the Firm’s resources
- KKR has built a proven model to source, diligence, and create value in companies around the world, including those companies whose core business model addresses a critical societal challenge. The Global Impact team leverages this toolkit to partner with businesses where we see great innovation and commercial opportunities to address critical societal needs. We seek to partner with management teams to help our portfolio companies achieve more – greater financial success, incremental positive impact, and improved ESG performance – and leverage the full suite of global resources including KKR Capstone, the KKR Global Institute, KKR Public Affairs, KKR Global Macro and Asset Allocation, KKR Capital Markets, and others, to achieve these goals.
Why Investing in Impact is Important to Me
1 Represents KKR’s solutions-oriented investments as identified by the KKR Global Impact team that were made globally by certain KKR funds and accounts from January 1, 2008 to March 31, 2020. The determination and assessment by the KKR Global Impact team of which investments to include in this figure involve significant judgment and may differ from another party’s review of KKR’s investments.